Classics and Exotics

Classics, Luxury, and Exotic Autos

Classics, Customs, Luxury, Sport, Hyper-Sport, and Exotics

Specialty Auto Insurance is critical when you own a classic, high value or otherwise exotic vehicle. Choosing the proper coverage and getting the right information from a licensed agent is paramount to protecting your assets and your wallet. Below you’ll find the basics to automobile insurance, as well as some specific details to consider, which will help you make the right decisions when buying your specialty auto insurance policy.

Our Auto Insurance Carriers

Fast Accurate Quotes

Call (888)498-4495 or click the link below.

Let’s start by helping you understand the basics that make up an auto insurance policy

Collector Car Specifics

When buying a Specialty Auto Insurance Policy, consider the following:

  • Agreed Value CoverageIn the event of a covered total loss, you receive every dollar of your car’s agreed, insured value.
  • Flexible UsageOur Programs allow for occasional pleasure use, in some cases with no fixed mileage restrictions.
  • Superior Claims ResponseWe take protecting your collector or Specialty car seriously, and our carriers do too. In the event of a claim, OEM or better replacement parts are available to ensure your investment is covered and your car is restored to its former glory. Many carriers even have a parts specialist on staff to hunt down rare and hard to find parts.
  • Saving money helps too…Because we have companies that specialize in collector car insurance, our premiums are often up to 40% lower than daily driver insurance.
  • Real People, Real Enthusiasm, Real Car NutsWe know collectible cars, so you deal with real Agents who understand your car and your needs. In fact, the founders of HVH Insurance are true Auto and Motorcycle Enthusiasts. We truly enjoy helping those who are just like us!
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability

Liability is insurance that covers the bodily injury liability and property damage that you cause to another person or their property.  California State Law mandates you carry Bodily Injury liability limits of $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident and Property Damage Limits of $5,000.

Limits range from:
$500,000 CSL (Combined Single Limit)
$1,000,000 CSL (Combined Single Limit)
Excess Liability and Umbrella coverages available

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist adds protection for you when someone hits your vehicle and causes you bodily injury and/or property damage when that person is not carrying any insurance, or not enough insurance to cover your damages.

The lowest limits you can purchase in California are $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident for bodily injury, with the property damage covering up to $3,500 for your car. Again, just like the liability, you can request higher limits to match your liability coverage.

Medical Payments

This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers up to the limits on your policy when you are involved in an accident, whether your fault or not!

Limits range from $500 per person up to $100,000 per person. This should not be confused with Health/Medical insurance as Medical Payments coverage is designed primarily as a supplement to your existing health policy to help cover excess payments or bills. For example; Ambulance expense, deducible on your health policy, passengers injuries. Your health insurance will ALWAYS be primary in any auto accident with the Medical Payments there to “mop up” the rest.


Comprehensive covers your vehicle for damages that result from a covered loss other than a collision, such as fire, theft, and vandalism.

The Insurance Company will pay for the damages minus your deductible. For example, if your vehicle has a $10,000 loss due to theft and your deductible is $500, the Insurance Company will pay you $9,500 for your covered loss.


Collision coverage pays for physical damage to your vehicle caused by rolling over or a collision with another vehicle or object, such as a building, fence or telephone pole.

The Insurance Company will pay for the damages minus your deductible. For example, if your vehicle has a $10,000 loss due to a roll over and your deductible is $500, the Insurance Company will pay you $9,500 for your covered loss.


Rental covers the cost of a rental car if your vehicle is in the shop for a covered loss. 

For example, depending on your policy limits, they may pay for a rental car in the amount of $20 per day for a maximum of 30 days or $600.

Roadside Assistance

When you purchase the Emergency Roadside Assistance, it covers:

  • Mechanical First Aid: Any vehicle requiring a minor adjustment (exclusive of parts) to enable it to proceed under its own power
  • Tire service: The changing of a flat tire with a good, inflatable spare
  • Battery Service: Attempting to start a vehicle with a booster battery
  • Delivery service: Delivery of an emergency supply of gasoline, oil, or water and other accessories and supplies as may be required and available.
  • Towing to a repair facility up to a stated number of miles
Share This